Sight Words: out, many, then, them, these
Spelling Words: he, was, for, on, are
Specials: Monday – Gym, Tuesday – World Language, Wednesday – Gym, Thursday – Library & World Language, Friday – Art
This week we will learn…
Reading: How can we be Super Readers?
- I can retell stories after I read them:
- I can share my gift of reading by reading out loud to others.
Phonics: What decoding strategies help us read fluently?
- I can find patterns that are the same in many ways.
- I can look at patterns to help spell words.
Writing: How can I make my writing easier to read?
- I can use tools, such as checklists, to help me write the best I can.
- I can use vowels to help spell the middle of words.
- I can use sight words to make my writing easier to read.
- I can include storytelling in my writing.
Math: What math tools help us answer questions? How can we put together or split things apart to help us answer questions?
- I can compare the capacities of containers.
- I can learn and practice skip counting by 10s.
- I can play a game with number cards to practice comparing written numerals.
Science: How do we make a pinball start to move?
- I can talk about how forces happen between two objects.
- I can explore how things work by saying how a cause made an effect happen.
Social Studies: What makes a community?
- I can explain how and why people work.
- I can explain the difference between wants and needs.