Sight Words: will, up, other, about, out
Spelling Words: in, is, you, that, it
Specials: Monday – Gym, Tuesday – World Language, Wednesday – Gym, Thursday – Library & World Language, Friday – Art
Happy Week 19! We will be moving onto our second unit in Science – Pushes and Pulls! Over the course of this quarter your student will learn about forces and apply their knowledge to designing their own pinball machine. It is an amazing project!
We are in desperate need of parent volunteers to share about their job. We are looking for parents to come in for about 30 min. dressed in your uniform, and willing to share what you do, and how it helps our community. Please fill out the volunteer form and interest sheet to participate.
This week we will learn….
Reading: How can we become Super Readers?
- I can match my tone to the feelings in the story to show I understand the story.
- I can talk about the books I read to bring them to life and learn more from them.
Phonics: What decoding strategies help us read fluently?
- I can add -s to the end of a word to make it sound right in a sentence.
- I can add -ing to the end of a word to show it is happening right now.
Writing: How can I make my writing easier to read?
- I can write sentences in my story.
- I can reread my writing often. I can write a little, then reread a little, and write some more.
- I can use tools, such as checklists, to help me write the best I can.
- I can use vowels to help spell the middle of words.
Math: What math tools help us answer questions? How can we put together or split things apart to help us answer questions?
- I can re-engage with my work from the previous day to consider the many ways to make a hexagon.
- I can use connecting cubes to compose and decompose numbers in multiple ways.
- I can compare the weights of objects through an exploration of the pan balances.
Science: How do we make a pinball start to move?
- I can explain that an object starts to move when someone pushes or pulls it.
- I can explain that an object starts to move when another object exerts a force on it.
Social Studies: What makes a community?
- I can explain different jobs in a community and tell why they are important.
- I can explain how and why people work.